I have been enjoying lately the blog St. Corbinian’s Bear which wins my vote for most colorfully titled Catholic blog. Here is its self description:
When a bear ate St. Corbinian’s pack horse on a journey to Rome, he forced the bear to carry his baggage. A ferociously Catholic blog with a little humor and a whole lot of bear. “Et ego ad nihilum redactus sum, et nescivi: ut jumentum factus sum apud te, et ego semper tecum.” – Psalm 72
Go here to read it yourself. One would have to have a heart of stone not to enjoy a blog that, in the wake of the rabbit controversy, came up with this:
I want to kiss you on your rabbit nose, and kiss your little toes
Don’t play hard to get because it’s time to start the show.
Let’s lie down in the clover, lover, see where it goes,
I’ll be your thumper honey, and you can be my doe.
Now some say heed the word, that rabbits shouldn’t breed,
There’s too many bunnies honey, way more than we need.
But a rabbit’s gotta do what God made the rabbits to,
So get your bunny on babe, and let’s fill up that pew.
A sound sense of orthodoxy with a twisted sense of humor: no wonder I like it!
Here are this past weeks Top-10 most visited Catholic posts from The American Catholic for June 20-26:
1. Parish Shopping by Michael Denton
2. McChrystal Should Be Fired by Donald R. McClarey
3. Sharia in Dearborn? by Donald R. McClarey
4. G.K. Chesterton on Lincoln by Donald R. McClarey
5. Healthcare Reform & the Magisterium by Chris Burgwald
6. Real Sex vs. the Contraceptive Mentality (Part 2) by Darwin
7. Toy Story 3 by Michael Denton
8. Planned Parenthood, What Happened to the Money? by D.R.M.
9. Under the Roman Sky by Donald R. McClarey
10. I Am Shocked, Shocked! by D.R. McClarey
Top 25 Catholic Blogs by Technorati Authority by John Henry