Beloved National Clown
Hattip to Matt Archbold at Creative Minority Report. Veep and Beloved National Clown Joe Biden excuses his refusal to kiss the ring of the pope by making up a fable about his Mom:
I have long praised our Veep, and Beloved National Clown, for his efforts to keep up our national morale during these dismal economic times by endless gaffes and verbal pratfalls. Now he has outdone himself!
In the above video the completely pro-abort Biden tries to portray himself, get this, as a faithful Catholic! Howlingly funny. I am sure Joe of course understands full well that a man with his voting record is as far from a faithful Catholic as it is possible for a politician to be. I am certain he is aware of this section of a letter written by Cardinal Ratzinger:
1. Presenting oneself to receive Holy Communion should be a conscious decision, based on a reasoned judgment regarding one’s worthiness to do so, according to the Church’s objective criteria, asking such questions as: “Am I in full communion with the Catholic Church? Am I guilty of grave sin? Have I incurred a penalty (e.g. excommunication, interdict) that forbids me to receive Holy Communion? Have I prepared myself by fasting for at least an hour?” The practice of indiscriminately presenting oneself to receive Holy Communion, merely as a consequence of being present at Mass, is an abuse that must be corrected (cf. Instruction “Redemptionis Sacramentum,” nos. 81, 83).
2. The Church teaches that abortion or euthanasia is a grave sin. The Encyclical Letter Evangelium vitae, with reference to judicial decisions or civil laws that authorize or promote abortion or euthanasia, states that there is a “grave and clear obligation to oppose them by conscientious objection. [...] In the case of an intrinsically unjust law, such as a law permitting abortion or euthanasia, it is therefore never licit to obey it, or to ‘take part in a propaganda campaign in favour of such a law or vote for it’” (no. 73). Christians have a “grave obligation of conscience not to cooperate formally in practices which, even if permitted by civil legislation, are contrary to God’s law. Indeed, from the moral standpoint, it is never licit to cooperate formally in evil. [...] This cooperation can never be justified either by invoking respect for the freedom of others or by appealing to the fact that civil law permits it or requires it” (no. 74).
3. Not all moral issues have the same moral weight as abortion and euthanasia. For example, if a Catholic were to be at odds with the Holy Father on the application of capital punishment or on the decision to wage war, he would not for that reason be considered unworthy to present himself to receive Holy Communion. While the Church exhorts civil authorities to seek peace, not war, and to exercise discretion and mercy in imposing punishment on criminals, it may still be permissible to take up arms to repel an aggressor or to have recourse to capital punishment. There may be a legitimate diversity of opinion even among Catholics about waging war and applying the death penalty, but not however with regard to abortion and euthanasia.
4. Apart from an individual’s judgment about his worthiness to present himself to receive the Holy Eucharist, the minister of Holy Communion may find himself in the situation where he must refuse to distribute Holy Communion to someone, such as in cases of a declared excommunication, a declared interdict, or an obstinate persistence in manifest grave sin (cf. can. 915).
5. Regarding the grave sin of abortion or euthanasia, when a person’s formal cooperation becomes manifest (understood, in the case of a Catholic politician, as his consistently campaigning and voting for permissive abortion and euthanasia laws), his Pastor should meet with him, instructing him about the Church’s teaching, informing him that he is not to present himself for Holy Communion until he brings to an end the objective situation of sin, and warning him that he will otherwise be denied the Eucharist.
6. When “these precautionary measures have not had their effect or in which they were not possible,” and the person in question, with obstinate persistence, still presents himself to receive the Holy Eucharist, “the minister of Holy Communion must refuse to distribute it” (cf. Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts Declaration “Holy Communion and Divorced, Civilly Remarried Catholics” , nos. 3-4). This decision, properly speaking, is not a sanction or a penalty. Nor is the minister of Holy Communion passing judgment on the person’s subjective guilt, but rather is reacting to the person’s public unworthiness to receive Holy Communion due to an objective situation of sin. Continue reading
In the above video our beloved National Clown lauded our veterans who served in Iraq and Iran. What do you think?
1. Bone headed Biden being bone headed Biden.
2. Give Joe a break, they both begin with I!
3. Joe let the cat out of bag in regard to the October Surprise!
4. Sure there was a war with Iran. That is where “Blood and Guts” Biden got his brain injury!
5. Biden was unable to plagiarize in his Geography course in college. Continue reading
Hattip to John Hinderaker at Powerline. Biden, our Veep and Beloved National Clown, reacts to some of the wilder things that he has said over the years.
If, as I expect, the Obama-Biden ticket goes down in flames on election day, Biden in his debate performance has ended his political career with a bizarre coda. How bizarre? Let us go point by point, along with my other thoughts on the debate.
1. Hyena Joe- Throughout the debate when Ryan was talking Biden was laughing and smirking. I assume Biden forgot about the split screen coverage on television. Judging from the talking heads post-debate, it made a very bad impression.
2. Manic-Depressive-Joe began the debate very manic as if he had swallowed a crate of jolt cola. By the end he was completely wound down, like a wind up toy at the end of its cycle, or someone had shot him with an animal tranquilizer. Very odd.
3. Canned Responses-Biden obviously had a checklist of points he had to mention: 47%, check, etc. The problem with having a checklist is that it takes fairly quick wits to put the list seamlessly into a debate performance, and I thought Biden’s interjections were far from seamless.
4. Joe Making Things up Again-As he has throughout his career, Biden simply made things up when he was in a tough spot in the debate. In response to the Libya question which clearly had him flustered, Joe claimed that the intelligence community initially thought that the Benghazi attack was preceded by a protest over the Mohammed video. That is completely at variance with the facts.
5. Wildman v. The Professor-Obviously the Democrats were reacting to passive Obama from the first debate. Biden was always interrupting, some 82 times or thereabouts. The”moderator” was completely useless. Ryan was too much the professor in manner and should have reacted more to the out of control Biden. Continue reading
Here at The American Catholic we occasionally receive unsolicited items. We are currently in possession of what purports to be Biden’s notes in preparation for his Veep debate with Paul Ryan this Thursday. Here they are:
1. No gaffes?-Obama told me not to make any gaffes. I told the big guy to f—–g relax, because I never make any gaffes.
2. No F-Bombs-Sheesh, Obama can be loud when he’s upset! No F-Bombs, OK. As if I ever swear in public!
Veep and beloved National Clown Joe Biden is continuing to do his best to elect Mitt Romney President. His immortal phrase about the middle class being buried for the past four years will live in campaign lore as long as we have presidential campaigns. Like all true comedic geniuses, Joe makes certain that his hilarious routines rest on truth.
I wonder if Joe coordinated his remark with Speaker of the House Joe Boehner who released this on September 24th: Continue reading
Lately our beloved national clown and veep, Joe Biden, has come under attack. Light-heartedly attempting to whip up racial hatred and paranoia in a speech before a predominantly black audience in Danville, Virginia, Biden said that Romney and the Republicans would ”put y’all back in chains!”
These remarks were denounced by various people including Douglas Wilder, a former Democrat governor of Virginia.
This is all so wrongheaded. I could understand such recriminations if Biden were a serious politician of an ordinary sort, but he is not. His entire gaffe-ridden political career has been one long extended comedy routine. His purpose as Veep has been to relieve the public mood during the Great Depression II, much as his intellectual peers, The Three Stooges, did during the original Great Depression. Continue reading
Rumors have been afloat lately that Obama is set to dump Biden. Judging from the frenzied, one might say hysterical, tone of Biden in the speech earlier this week featured in the video clip above, one might well believe that Biden is looking at the political hook coming toward him. This might explain why Biden forced Obama’s hand on gay marriage by coming out in favor of it before Obama did. Rule one of being Veep is never upstaging the POTUS. Presumably Biden believes that if he is beloved of the base of the Democrat party, Obama will not dump him. Alas, strategizing, indeed thinking of any sort, has never been Biden’s strong suit.
Unfortunately Biden matters not one whit to the Democrat base, and by acting out he merely convinces Obama that perhaps it is time that Joe meet the acquaintance of the many individuals and groups that Obama has thrown under the bus in his political career.
This is all so unfair. Joe Biden, as beloved national clown, has been one of the few success stories of this administration. Imagine how much grimmer the past four years would have been without the comic stylings of Jollie Joe. Poltical pratfalls and endless gaffes, a tireless willingness to play the complete buffoon, nothing has been beneath Biden in his endless task to lighten the mood of the nation. I therefore announce the formation of the Biden Forever Superpac. We will do everything in our power to keep Joe on the ticket. Save Joe! I pray that we prevail, but if we fail, we will always have YouTube to remember Joe by! Continue reading
In these dark days of the credit downgrade of the nation, an economy falling back into recession, a crashing stock market, etc, one man shines out as a beacon of hope: Veep and Beloved National Clown Joe Biden. As the Three Stooges lightened the American mood during the Great Depression with their comic pratfalls and buffoonish antics, so Biden lightens the national mood by constantly, and deliberately I am sure, saying the stupidest things imaginable.
When Congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford recently returned to Congress after being shot in the head, Biden welcomed her as a fellow member of the “cracked head club”. As the nation was still howling at that, he dauntlessly followed up with the gutbuster that the members of the Tea Party were “acting like terrorists“.
Note the master at work. Joe of course realizes that calling people who organized peacefully, won the Congressional elections in 2010, and whose representatives in Congress are seeking to enact legislation embodying the beliefs they campaigned on as terrorists, is absurd. He therefore willingly makes himself absurd and a national joke in order to give us all something to laugh about in these dark days. What a true patriot!
However, in the event that I am wrong and that Joe really meant that tea party members are acting like terrorists, below are depicted the intellectual godfathers of this dangerous movement, and perhaps Homeland Security needs to put them under surveillance pronto: Continue reading