(I originally wrote this about five years ago when the blog readership was much smaller. I thought that current readers might wish to know why I refer to Planned Parenthood as Worse Than Murder, Inc.)
In the late twenties of the last century, gangsters Charles “Lucky” Luciano and Meyer Lansky set up the National Crime Syndicate. Organized crime needed a mechanism to keep anarchy from breaking out within its ranks between various gangs and factions. Operating out of a 24 hour candy store in the Brownsville neighborhood of Brooklyn, Murder, Inc. ( the name was a newspaper invention) provided this mechanism. Louis “The Judge” “Lepke” Buchalter and Albert “The Mad Hatter” Anastasia were the leaders of Murder, Inc.
The Syndicate, by majority vote, would order the slaying of an unruly gangster and Murder, Inc would carry it out. The hitmen of Murder, Inc. operated under strict guidlines. No innocent bystanders were to be killed. No hits could be ordered against judges, police or prosecuting attorneys for fear of reprisals from law enforcement.
Over the years Murder, Inc. murdered some 800 fellow gangsters. In 1940 the downfall of the murder enterprise began when Murder, Inc. killer Abe ‘Kid Twist’ Reles, turned informant in order to save himself from the electric chair. Louis “The Judge” “Lepke” Buchalter died in the chair in Sing Sing in 1944, after the US Supreme Court rejected his appeal which raised, among other issues, the contention of Buchalter that lurid press coverage had tainted the jury. Other Murder, Inc. members swiftly followed “The Judge” down the last mile. Albert “The Madhatter” Anastasia would have followed in their footsteps but for the tragic “accidental” death of Abe ‘Kid Twist’ Reles when he fell from room 623 of the Half Moon Hotel on Coney Island. In the gang world he was ever after known as “The Canary that sung but couldn’t fly.” However, with the attention of law enforcement focused upon it, Murder, Inc. could no longer function and it ceased to exist except as a gangland legend.
Based upon this grim record I hope you can see why it is necessary for me to apologize—to Murder, Inc.
1. Their death toll of 800 over a little over a decade would be exceeded in Planned Parenthood’s abortion clinics in this country on even a slow day.
2. They restricted their lethal ministrations to fellow gangsters, unlike the contract killers employed by Planned Parenthood who target the most innocent and defenseless amongst us.
3. The killers of Murder, Inc. never attempted to argue that their activities were a Constitutional right.
4. Murder, Inc. rarely dismembered their victims which is a daily part of doing business in a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic.
5. Almost all the murderers of Murder, Inc. came from the lower economic rungs of American society and had very little education. The leaders of Planned Parenthood and the abortionists they employ have often been educated at elite American institutions of higher learning and are usually solidly upper middle class or wealthy.
6. All decent elements of society opposed Murder, Inc., and Murder, Inc. never claimed that their killings should be embraced by the public at large. Planned Parenthood has convinced large segments of our society that their killings are acceptable.
And so I must apologize to the shades of the members of Murder, Inc. You were despicable killers of your fellow men, and I rather hope you are paying a stiff sentence indeed in the world to come, but I did you an injustice. From now on I promise to refer to Planned Parenthood as Worse Than Murder, Inc.