Well, it is time for me to go intrepidly where angels fear to tread. My predictions for 2014.
1. Elections 2014-The Republicans will gain 10-15 seats in the House and the GOP will take the Senate with at least a two seat advantage.
2. Our fowl President-Obama’s lame duck status will be confirmed time and time again next year, with even Democrats in Congress considering him to be a spent force.
3. ObamaCare Code Blue-ObamaCare will become an ever increasing debacle. Legislation will be passed by June to largely gut ObamaCare which the President will veto. The Republicans will be able to win an override vote in the House, but fail to do so in the Senate.
4. Asia War-A high possibility of a naval or air clash between Japan and China. I doubt if it would spiral out of control, but the old power relationships that maintained the peace since World War II are weakening around the globe, especially in Asia.
5. Pope Francis and the Left-The bloom will be off the rose on the love affair that the left has with the Pontiff next year. It will increasingly dawn on them that the Pope has no power over economies and that on social issues the teaching of the Church will not change.
6. Cubs Win the World Series!-In some kinder, gentler alternate reality. In our reality they will stretch their losing streak to 106 years.
7. Major Terrorist Strike at Moscow Olympics-Too juicy a target for major terrorist organizations. Probably will be spearheaded by Chechens.
8. Ted Cruz–Senator Cruz will emerge from the 2014 elections as the front runner for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination.
9. Conversion-The atheist world will be shaken by a high profile conversion to Christianity by a famous atheist.
10. Wrong Again Don! -McClarey will be wrong in some of his predictions!