The death-knell of the Republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others.
Well, I see that President Obama is seeking to emulate Theodore Roosevelt. I have been thinking about it, and Obama is exactly the same as Roosevelt. Let us count the ways:
1. Theodore Roosevelt raised the Rough Riders regiment and was awarded the medal of honor for his extreme heroism in leading the charges of the Rough Riders up Kettle Hill and San Juan Hill in the Spanish-American War. He was the only man mounted in that fight and it is a miracle he survived. All accounts testify to his complete contempt for death that day. Obama was a community organizer in Chicago, a town noted for inclement weather.
2. Theodore Roosevelt was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for taking the lead in the negotiations which led to the treaty ending the Russo-Japanese War. Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for not being George Bush.
3. Theodore Roosevelt wrote 43 books, his favorite topic being America, the land that he loved. Obama has thus far written two books on the subject that he loves above all else, himself.
4. Theodore Roosevelt was a highly religious man who regularly attended church. Obama engages in regular morning worship when he looks in the mirror to shave.
5. Theodore Roosevelt engaged in a never-ending battle against political corruption throughout his career. Obama and his associates have helped provide work for prosecutors investigating political corruption.
6. Theodore Roosevelt was an early advocate of female suffrage. Obama, and his former Acorn associates, firmly believe that voting is a good thing and should be done by voters as frequently as possible at each election.
7. Theodore Roosevelt during his tenure as president ran an overall surplus in government receipts. Obama has a plan to balance the budget several decades after his presidency.
8. Theodore Roosevelt believed in foreign policy in speaking softly and carrying a big stick. Obama believes in speaking loudly and getting the stick to marry a stick of the same gender.
9. Theodore Roosevelt’s face is carved on Mount Rushmore. Obama’s likeness has inspired manufacturers of dart boards around the nation.
10. The American people have never forgotten Theodore Roosevelt. As the American people, and their descendants, work to pay off the portion of the national debt amassed under his administration, I am sure that the American people will never forget Obama either.