Never underestimate human ignorance. The base of the stunning statue of Saint Joan of Arc in New Orleans was recently, in May of this year, vandalized with a spray painted “Tear it Down” message. Iconoclastic movements are usually notable for their stark ignorance. Like their ISIS contemporaries, the fascist left in this country knows little about history and could care less. I assume that the Joan of Arc statue was, incredibly, mistaken for some sort of Confederate monument. However, perhaps I am mistaken and the statue was deliberately targeted. Certainly the red fascists have little reason to love the Maid of Orleans. Let us count the reasons why monuments to Saint Joan could become the latest targets of the unhinged left:
- She is a Catholic saint. Little time needs be spent at most leftists sites, before it is clear that the denizens of such sites have little love for the Catholic Church.
- She believed that her actions were commanded by God. For leftists, at best Joan was a religious fanatic, at worst a delusional fool.
- She fought to place the Dauphin, the future Charles VIII, on the throne of France. Fighting for a monarch? How retrograde.
- Instead of fighting the patriarchy, Saint Joan was a pillar of the patriarchal order.
- Saint Joan was not a lesbian, and that is sufficient in some left wing circles to make her suspect.
- She rallied the poor, not to fight against their class enemies, but to support a right wing King.
- She was a patriotic chauvinist.
- Her equestrian statues are celebrations of specieism.
- Her belief in God obviously makes her suspect of being a right wing fundamentalist.
- All of her followers were white.
Saint Joan of Arc, and the other great men and women of history, are a standing rebuke to the mindless yahoos who largely staff the Antifa and other leftist groups. They demonstrate that our time has much to learn from the past and that is anathema to current leftists who seek to destroy Western culture and achieve political power through endless strife and chaos. Ignorance and hate are their dogmas and violence is their mode of worship. Pray for them.