I promised you a wild finish in this oddest of all election years and I believe the FBI has furnished it! What does it mean for the rest of the next nine campaigning days before election day?
- Negative Coverage-Most of the media has been on a crusade against Trump. However, now Hillary will be receiving a larger share of the negative coverage than she is used to. Most of the media has underplayed, or simply spiked, negative Clinton coverage this campaign. This is not an option now, especially with the Anthony Weiner involvement, since salaciousness in the media is the one thing that regularly trumps ideology.
- Stink Bomb Coming-I assume that the Clinton campaign has one or more negative stories about Trump they were reserving for next Friday. I expect them to be rolled out next Monday instead to distract from the reopened FBI investigation.
- Anonymous Sources Say-Expect to hear details about the ongoing investigation from anonymous FBI agents and Department of Justice officials. I expect these accounts to differ radically.
- Republicans Coming Home-This should gain Trump at least another ten percent of the Republican vote, say a solid three point gain, and more of the independents he was already winning, say two to three points.
- Sanders Brats-This latest news confirms the worst of what Sanders supporters thought about Clinton, and I expect one or two points of them to switch to the Green candidate.
- Republicans for Clinton-I think this shoots that movement in the head. Subtract another point.
- She’s a Crook- It is one thing to suspect the candidate you are grudgingly voting for is a crook. It is another thing to have them under criminal investigation. Most Democrats would vote for Satan if he had a D after his name, but not all. One to three point loss.
- Time to Cocoon-This whole business increases the stink of what has already been a skunk fest of an election. I predict relatively low voter turnout which I suspect benefits Trump.
I doubt that this is the last of the events to impact this election. WikiLeaks is still there, and I am sure there is a ninety-plus former school teacher willing to totter forward and tell how that nasty little Donnie Trump goosed her in 1955. However, this is a major event and it came just when Trump needed it. I think it puts Trump and Clinton back close to parity, and in a change year that helps the non status quo candidate.