Bill Whittle explains it all. Certain essential principles have always been maintained by the Republican party:
1. That the basis of all American government derives from the principles enunciated in the Declaration of Independence.
2. That discrimination on the basis of race by government is anathema to a free society.
3. That the judiciary has often recklessly usurped powers that are bestowed in the Constitution in Congress or the Executive.
4. That hostility to private enterprise is a self-defeating policy of government.
5. That the primary duty of the Federal government is to safeguard the American people from external or internal threats.
6. That no group in society is entitled to special privileges from government.
7. That all Americans are entitled to receive the benefits of the rule of law without fear or favor.
8. That attempts to divide the American people by appeals to racial prejudice are incompatible with a free society.
9. That the politics of class hatred or class envy is a disastrous policy for a political party to follow.
10. That freedom is the birthright of all Americans.
Keep this in mind next year when much of the lamestream media does its best, in order to ensure that Obama stays in power, to confuse the Republican party with the adversary it has fought throughout its history.