Elena Kagan Says It Is Fine If The Law Bans Books

SCOTUS nominee Elena Kagan has argued before the Supreme Court that it’s fine if the Law bans books.

Her rationale?

Because the government won’t really enforce it.

I’m no legal scholar but this sounds like a 3rd grade argument.

Aren’t our nominees suppose to have better reasoning skills and a solid grasp of the U.S. Constitution?  As well as a fundamental understanding  of such concepts like Freedom of Speech?

YouTube Preview Image

I haven’t even mentioned that she is pro-abortion and same-sex marriage, but her argument isn’t helpful in her case to be the next Supreme Court Justice.

Deal W. Hudson holds the same view as I do and that is:

Now we learn she is oblivious to the worst excesses of the government’s power to ban free speech, i.e., the distribution and reading of books.

14 Responses to Elena Kagan Says It Is Fine If The Law Bans Books

• T. Shaw says:

Scratch the thin veneer of liberal bu!!$#it and you slam into totalitarianism.

Peace, justice and human dignity: the slaves will enjoy free health care, free lunch, and free fornication!!!

• Phillip says:

But don’t you know that if you don’t want free health care, free lunch and free fornication you are part of the “let them eat cake” coalition?

• Tito Edwards says:

Phillip and all the non-gravatar readers,

I got tired of looking at the random abstract icons, so I switched the default to MonsterID’s in the faint hope that some of you guys will sign up for free gravatar accounts/icons.
    ;)

• j. christian says:

And what’s with the new symbol thingies?

Yeah, Tito. How are we supposed to upload a real picture? I tried registering at WordPress, but it won’t accept any reasonable facsimile of my real name as a user name. Can we upload a pic without registering at WordPress?

• jh says:

To be fair I am rather doubtful that Kagen wantts to ban books. I am trying to recall the exact sequence of events here . I actually think what started this all this were the ealier comments of the Deputy Solicter that gave the SUp COurt Justices the heebee jeevees and thus Kagen here is trying somehow to recover.

That being said the Supreme Court can make the most seasoned lawyers look like idiots and also (and this is the problem the GOP will have in her hearings) she is basically just working for the boss. So when these hypos come out that go to the most alarming degree well there is not exactly a easy answer.

• T. Shaw says:

jh

Nail! Head!

She’s going to rubber stamp Obama. She’s a nothing and will continue to do nothing except vote for whatever the boss wants.

Phil, I’m paying for the free health and lunch. They’re on their own when it comes to fornicking. I’m of the “let them have the opportunity to pursue happiness” coalition.

My grav seems appropriate!