Since 2002 Ken Masugi, a senior fellow of the Claremont Institute and lecturer in Government at Johns Hopkins University, Washington DC, has conducted Advent interviews with James V. Schall, S.J., author of over thirty books on political theory and theology. Fr. Schall teaches in the Government Department of Georgetown University.
The interviews themselves are a delight to read and span a variety of topics from current events to the pontificate of Pope Benedict XVI to issues in philosophy, theology and ethics — and sometimes, in addition, what books Fr. Schall himself is reading at that particular moment in time.
- An Advent Conversation with James V. Schall, S.J. (December 9, 2009).
- Fr. James V. Schall on The Openness of the Christian Mind (December 22, 2008).
- Fr. James V. Schall on Pope Benedict and the Defense of Reason (December 13, 2007).
- Fr. James V. Schall on Benedict XVI at Regensburg (October 1, 2006).
- Fr. James V. Schall on Faith, Reason, and Politics (December 20, 2005).
- Fr. James V. Schall on Political Philosophy (December 23, 2003).
- Fr. James V. Schall on Reason and Faith (December 24, 2002).