Inspired by Pope Francis’s latest pronouncements on proper conduct at Holy Mass, I’ve thought of some other things that we might wish to happen.
- No hymns written after 1905 will be sung at Mass.
- There will be no drums, wind instruments, or guitars accompanying the choir for hymns or other liturgical music.
- The “Our Father” prayer will be recited or chanted; anyone who sings the “Notre Dame Folk Choir” “Our Father” will be required to do penance.
- All children under three will sleep through Mass.
- No one will arrive at Mass after the opening prayer; no one will leave until the second verse of the recessional hymn is sung.
- As Pope Francis requested, all cell phones will be off and conversations will be held outside the church.
I have many more, so look for another edition of this. And feel free to add your own.