Time for me to look at my predictions for this year and to dine on a bit of crow:
1. President Trump will issue a pardon to Hillary Clinton.
Nope. She may well wish he had by the time all the current investigations are done.
2. Isis will be eliminated from Iraq.
Yep. A great victory. Go here to read about it.
3. There will be more than one assassination attempt against President Trump, each unsuccessful.
No assassination attempts as President, although a huge number of death threats have been made.
4. Pope Francis will attempt to excommunicate one or more of the Cardinals who oppose him.
Not so far.
5. There will be a major confrontation between Trump and Putin, and Putin will back down.
No, Trump and Putin have found themselves opposed to each other on any number of flashpoints, but no major confrontation yet.