Coming soon to a state near you. The California Assembly has designated August Muslim Appreciation Month. Here is the text of the resolution:
WHEREAS, Freedom of religion holds distinction as a cherished right and a foundational value upon which the laws and ethics of the United States are based; and
WHEREAS, Enriched by the unparalleled diversity of its residents, the State of California takes great pride in supporting individual religious freedoms and is strengthened by the many varied religious, political, and cultural traditions of its diverse population, including those Americans who practice Islam; and
WHEREAS, The history of Islam in this country dates back to before its founding, originating with African slaves who brought their Muslim beliefs with them to the Americas and who later contributed in numerous ways to the founding of the nation, and there are today millions of Muslim Americans, both immigrant and native-born, of diverse backgrounds and beliefs; and
WHEREAS, The United States benefits greatly from the expertise, patriotism, and humanitarianism of Muslim Americans, who represent 10 percent of America’s physicians, helping to heal hundreds of thousands of Americans each year; who have long distinguished themselves as courageous and dedicated members of the United States Armed Forces, fighting and sacrificing in every major war from the American Revolutionary War to present-day conflicts; and who regularly contribute to the health and vitality of their communities, giving food to the hungry, sheltering the needy, and providing inexpensive or free health services, among other community services; and
WHEREAS, The earliest Muslim immigrants to California mostly worked on farms and made significant contributions to early agricultural efforts, and since the abolition of the national quota on immigration in 1965 by the passage of the Hart-Celler Act, more and more Muslims have migrated to California, with approximately one million Muslim Americans currently residing in communities throughout the state, the highest number in the United States; and
WHEREAS, Similarly, there are currently more than 240 mosques in California, more than any other state in the nation, and the people of California and the greater United States benefit from the several large Muslim religious, educational, charitable, advocacy, and empowerment organizations that operate within the state, as well as from the countless prominent Muslim community leaders who distinguish themselves professionally as business owners, law professionals, doctors, engineers, teachers, and farmers, among numerous other valued professions; and
WHEREAS, Although the majority of Muslim Americans within California and throughout the nation strive to promote peace and understanding between all faiths, identities, and nationalities while upholding those values and principles that define the American people, they have nonetheless been forced to endure harassment, assault, and discrimination since the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, and during the year 2015 alone, there were approximately 174 reported incidents of anti-Muslim violence and vandalism in the United States. It is therefore appropriate to acknowledge and promote awareness of the myriad invaluable contributions of Muslim Americans in California and across the country, and extend to them the respect and camaraderie every American deserves; now, therefore, be it
Resolved by the Assembly of the State of California, That the Assembly joins communities throughout the State of California in recognizing the month of August 2016 as Muslim Appreciation and Awareness Month, respectfully acknowledges the rich history and guiding virtues of Muslim Americans, and commends Muslim communities in California for the lasting positive impact they have made, and continue to make, toward the advancement of the state and the nation; and be it further
Resolved, That the Chief Clerk of the Assembly transmit copies of this resolution to the author for appropriate distribution.
The website Creeping Sharia has noted some 50 contributions by Muslims to California over the past year:
- California: Muslim earns 15 years in prison for trying to join ISIS
- California: Two (More) Muslims Convicted of ISIS Terror Support in Anaheim
- California: Muslim Woman at LAX Threatens to Bomb America (VIDEO)
- California: Muslim gets 12 years in terrorism case
- San Bernardino terrorist’s friend linked to Muslim group arrested for 2012 jihad plot
- Brother of San Bernardino terrorist, 2 others arrested for immigration fraud
- 17 Muslims Detained, Released After Chanting Allah Akbar, Firing Rifles, Shotguns Near San Bernardino
- California: Muslim “Refugee” Indicted for Attempt to Support Islamic Terrorists
- San Diego: Brother of Muslim Killed Fighting with Islamic State Lied to FBI, Charged
- Muslim attack on California university campus was ISIS-inspired
- California: Syrian immigrant gets 8 years for lying about his Islamic terror ties
- California: Muslim named Jihad arrested after bomb threat on cop shop
- Los Angeles: Father, Shehada Issa, killed son for being gay
- California: Muslim Uber driver arrested for raping woman after driving her home
- California: Muslim indicted for attempting to join Islamic terror group
- Black Muslim Chases, Tackles White Trump Supporter After San Jose Rally
- Egyptian on Student Visa Facing Deportation for Death Threat Against Donald Trump
- California: “I would die and kill for Allah” – Muslim arrested for attempted murder
- California: Father of Jihad Suspect to Muslims: ‘Don’t Even Think About Telling Govt’
- Muslim Students Trap, Bully San Diego State’s Jewish President
- Muslims Terrorize Jewish Students at UC-Irvine Movie Screening, Police Rescue
- Muslims force California school system to remove forced conversion of Hindus to Islam from history
- Jewish Woman Forced to Hide From Muslim Thugs at UC-Irvine
- California: Muslim arrested in online threat to UC Santa Cruz
- UC Berkeley students: Chattanooga jihad justified, nothing to do with Islam
- Cal-Berkeley Student’s Article “On Leaving Islam” Retracted…Fearing Muslim Violence
- California: Muslim Pleads Guilty to Providing Material Support to ISIS, Lying on Passport
- California: Muslim fugitive caught, files lawsuit over hijab removal
- San Diego: Iraqi Immigrant Couple Enslaved Maid in Their Home
- California: Saudi ‘threatened to kill staff who watched him being pleasured by male aide’
- LA: Saudi prince arrested after bleeding woman seen trying to escape compound, more victims come forward
- California: Cafe Countersues Muslim Women Fraudulently Claiming Discrimination
- San Diego School Board Approves Creation of Islamophobia Propaganda Plan
- Huntington Beach (CA) school makes 7th graders sing “Believe in Allah! There is no other god”
- San Diego School District Expands Sharia Lunch Program
- San Diego: Taxpayers now funding Muslim’s halal school lunches
- California school district enforces sharia, bans drawings of Muhammad, keeps Islamic indoctrination
- California: Muslim stabs 4 on UC Merced campus before shot dead
- Phone records show imam at San Bernardino terrorist’s mosque knew killer’s, lied about it
- San Bernardino Jihadist’s Father Knew Son Supported ISIS, Told No One
- San Bernardino jihadists buried by mosque members in Islamic ritual
- California: Saudi at Culver City mosque linked to 9/11 attack
- LAPD Chief Panders at Terror-linked Mosque Named in Missing “28 Pages” (VIDEO)
- Sharia compliant: No Islamic landmarks harmed in “Independence Day” sequel
- Hollywood Chooses Swank Sharia-Owned Hotel Over LGBT Boycott
- Video: Muslim Prayers Take Over Streets of Downtown Los Angeles
- California: After trip to Morocco, son shoots mother, cuts her heart out
- Anaheim: Two (more) Muslims Arrested Trying to Join Islamic Terror Group, Wanted to Die Martyrs
- California: Muslim arrested in sexual assault on 13-year-old girl inside her home (video)
- Los Angeles: Muslim clerk caught giving undercover lottery officer $75 instead of $75K prize
Yes, it’s true…
and I don’t ask for forgiveness… not anymore.
With thee, heresy has come to eden.
John Rhys-Davis (Vasco Rodrigues)-Shogun
I have been a fan of the work of actor John Rhys-Davies since I viewed his over the top performance as the Portuguese pilot Vasco Rodrigues in Shogun in 1980. In a field dominated by the Left, he is an outspoken conservative and has achieved success through sheer ability as an actor.
In an interview this week, he lamented the current morally lost state of the West:
“There is an extraordinary silence in the West,” Rhys-Davies told Carolla. “Basically, Christianity in the Middle East and in Africa is being wiped out – I mean not just ideologically but physically, and people are being enslaved and killed because they are Christians. And your country and my country (Wales) are doing nothing about it.”
“Why is it so evolved not to judge?” Carolla replied, identifying political correctness as the culprit. “This notion that we’ve evolved into a species that’s incapable of judging other groups and what they are doing, especially when it’s beheading people or setting people on fire or throwing acid in the face of schoolgirls… I like that kind of judging. That’s evolved!”
Carolla added that the U.S. “crushing Hitler” in World War II was a “good thing” that would not be possible now because Bill Maher would be “screaming” about tolerance.
“This is a unique age,” Rhys-Davies explained. “We don’t want to be judgmental. Every other age that’s come before us has believed exactly the opposite. I mean, T.S. Eliot referred to ‘the common pursuit of true judgment.’ Yes, that’s what it’s about. Getting our judgments right, getting them accurate.”
“Why can’t we get the same nations on the same page?” Carolla asked. “There’s a lot of nations that are never going to go down this road with us, but your nation, England, they’re sane. Why can’t we get them back toward sanity?”
“I think it’s an age where politicians don’t actually say what they believe,” the actor replied. “They are afraid of being judged as being partisan. Heaven forbid we should criticize people who, after all, share a different ‘value system.’ But ‘it’s all relevant, it’s all equally relative. We’re all the same. And God and the devil, they’re the same, aren’t they, really? Right and wrong? It’s really just two faces of the same coin.’”
“We have lost our moral compass completely, and unless we find it, we’re going to lose our civilization,” Rhys-Davies cautioned. “I think we’re going to lose Western European Christian civilization anyway.”
Rhys-Davies appeared on Carolla’s podcast to promote the DVD release of his film Return to the Hiding Place, about a group of Dutch youth resistance fighters in World War II. Continue reading
Today on the eleventh anniversary of 9-11 an Egyptian mob stormed our embassy in Cairo and burned our flag. The rioters were offended by a film that they allege is insulting to Mohammed. The ringing response of our embassy to this insult to this country on today of all days? An announcement perhaps that the US will no longer waste sending billions of dollars a year in foreign aid to a people who obviously despise us? A recall of our ambassador? A warning to the Egyptian government that repetitions of this type of behavior will lead to a severing of diplomatic relations?
No, after getting down on their hands and knees presumably, this is what the officials at our embassy said: Continue reading
[Updates at the bottom]
Egypt has sent out the army to the streets of Cairo with reports of gun-battles and deaths everywhere. Media sources are reporting 870 wounded, but this can’t be confirmed as of now.
How important are the events occurring in Egypt today in reference to the United States? Very important.
Any person of history understands that in the 20th and 21st century, how Egypt goes, goes the Middle East. The most distinguished Islamic university is located in Cairo and militant Islamic organizations such as Al-Qaeda are off-shoots from the Muslim Brotherhood, an extremist Muslim organization based in Egypt seeking to return to the days of Muhammad.
- “Where disagreement becomes a death sentence” – Zenit news interviews Shaheryar Gill, a Pakistani-born lawyer providing “an insider’s look” at Pakistan’s anti-blasphemy laws. On December 3rd, a hardline, pro-Taliban Pakistani Muslim cleric on Friday offered a reward for anyone who kills a Christian woman sentenced to death by a court on charges of insulting Islam.
- Meanwhile, in Iraq, an elderly Christian couple was killed in their home Sunday night in Baghdad, days before they were to finalize the transaction on their house and join an exodus of Christians fleeing to the safety of the North.
Earlier this month, a young Syrian Orthodox engineer was abducted from his shop and murdered, provoking the representatives of the Christian communities to withdraw in protest from the conference on Social Coexistence and Tolerance, organized by the Iraqi Ministry for Human Rights.
Muslim leaders are also sounding the alarm, calling on the Baghdad government and U.S. forces to provide safety for the Christian community.
- In Iran, Youcef Nadarkhani, a pastor of a church of about 400 people, was convicted of apostasy and has been sentenced to death for allegedly renouncing his Muslim faith. According to CNN, In the southern city of Shiraz, another Christian pastor, Behrouz Sadegh-Khanjani, 35, is facing a possible indictment for apostasy.
In his book-length interview Light of the World, Pope Benedict emphasized that, with respect to Muslims:
“The important thing here is to remain in close contact with all the current within Islam that are open to, and capable of dialogue, so as to give a change of mentality a chance to happen even where Islamism still couples a claim to truth with violence.”
Earlier in November, he renewed his call for religious freedom in Muslim countries Continue reading