Hmmm, I just received this in my e-mail. Should I take the case, it sounds very lucrative!
name is Isabella Minoru. I am contacting your firm in regards to a divorce
settlement with my ex husband Franklin Minoru who resides in your
I am currently on assignment in South Korea. We had
an out of court agreement for him to pay $623,000,00 plus legal fees. He has
only paid me $122,000.00 since.
I am hereby seeking your firm`s
assistance in collecting the balance from him or litigate this matter if he
fails to pay as promised because He has delayed for too long. If you are in the
position to represent me at the moment kindly advice immediately.
Isabella Minoru. Continue Reading
As faithful readers know, I have long sent out warnings to the unwary about the pitfalls of going to law school. Read previous posts on the subject here, here , here , here and here.
Dissatisfied law students are now suing their law schools. Such law suits have always existed, usually filed by some desperate unemployed attorney with crushing debt, and such litigation has gotten no place. Now this type of litigation has been taken up quite a few notches:
Two law firms, Law Offices of David Anziska and Strauss Law PLLC, have announced their intention to jointly file class action lawsuits against 15 more U.S. law schools (full press release below). The law schools are located in seven states:
- California: California Western School of Law, Southwestern Law School, and University of San Francisco School of Law (3)
- Florida: Florida Coastal School of Law (1)
- Illinois: Chicago-Kent College of Law, DePaul University School of Law, and John Marshall School of Law (3)
- Maryland: University of Baltimore School of Law (1)
- New York: Albany Law School, Brooklyn Law School, Hofstra Law School, Pace University School of Law, and St. John’s University School of Law (5)
- Pennsylvania: Villanova University School of Law and Widener University School of Law (also has a campus in Delaware) (2)
These complaints will follow previous complaints filed against New York Law School, Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Michigan, and Thomas Jefferson School of Law in California.
With these lawsuits, nearly 10% of all ABA-approved law schools across eight states will be accused of tortiously misrepresenting job placement statistics and violating state consumer protection laws. As with the previous complaints, the relief sought will include tuition reimbursement, punitive damages, and injunctive relief such as mandatory auditing of employment data and cessation of false advertising tactics. Continue Reading
Top Ten Reasons Why Social Security is not a Ponzi Scheme:
1. Ponzi scheme participation is voluntary, unlike Social Security where participation is mandatory for most citizens.
2. Ponzi scheme participants usually receive brightly colored reports telling them how much illusory interest their investments are earning. Social Security participants make do with drab annual reports.
3. When a Ponzi scheme goes bust the perpetrators can be sued for damages. Good luck suing the Feds after Social Security goes belly up!
4. Participants in a Ponzi scheme do not lose their claim against the perpetrators upon death, unlike people who die prior to receiving a check from Social Security.
5. Ponzi schemes usually have few to no solid assets that can be seized by participants. Social Security has endless IOUs signed by Uncle Sam. Continue Reading
Little did I know when I examined my office e-mails today that the path to fortune awaited:
My name is Carlos Lopez; I work with the Federal Ministry of works and housing here in Spain. I am under political Appointment with the present government in power
My aim of contacting you is to collaborate with me to transfer the sum of (9.5 Million Euros) Nine Million Five hundred thousand Euros into your personal bank account in your country of origin for investment purposes. I am going to invest this money in your country through your assistance and help, whereby you are going to be my Invest Manager. Please when replying I want you to tell me the type of investment that will be encourage for us to invest so that we can talk about the conditions.