Always remember this about the Leftists and the policies they advocate:
- The policies they advocate almost always are based on emotion rather than on rational analysis.
- Virtue signaling one-upmanship, and ideological purity contests, with other Leftists is always a feature of their policies.
- They have complete indifference to possible negative consequences of whatever they are advocating.
- Economics and Leftists haven’t been on speaking terms for a very long time.
- They tend to operate in ideological bubbles where dissent from Leftism is not tolerated, and heresy hunting for any deviation from current Leftist pieties is a popular pass-time.
- They continually engage in straight line thinking and usually do not consider the impact of advances in technology on their policy means and goals.
- Government coercion is always their first resort.
- Hurting private enterprise is for them a feature not a bug.
- There is almost always a strong element of contempt for ordinary people who do not share their ideology.
- They will demonize those who oppose them as part of their normal mode of operation.
See how many of these elements are contained in straw bans: