Time for me to look at my predictions for this year and to dine on a bit of crow:
1. President Trump will issue a pardon to Hillary Clinton.
Nope. She may well wish he had by the time all the current investigations are done.
2. Isis will be eliminated from Iraq.
Yep. A great victory. Go here to read about it.
3. There will be more than one assassination attempt against President Trump, each unsuccessful.
No assassination attempts as President, although a huge number of death threats have been made.
4. Pope Francis will attempt to excommunicate one or more of the Cardinals who oppose him.
Not so far.
5. There will be a major confrontation between Trump and Putin, and Putin will back down.
No, Trump and Putin have found themselves opposed to each other on any number of flashpoints, but no major confrontation yet.
6. Two Democrat US Senators will switch to the Republican party.
No. We shall see how things play out in 2018. Senator Manchin I am looking at you.
7. The economy will enjoy growth unprecedented since 2008.
Yep, and that is very good news for the GOP in 2018 despite current polls.
8. There will be a naval clash between Japan and China.
Not yet, although there have been aerial scrambles that have come close to a clash. Japan and China have recently agreed to set up a communication system to avoid accidental confrontations.
9. The Cubs will repeat their World Series triumph.
10. McClarey will be wrong in some of his predictions.
Always the safest of predictions.