But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.
Rudyard Kipling, The Gods of the Copybook Headings
Dave Griffey at Daffey Thoughts responds to the attack by the ghouls of ISIS on a Sufi Mosque in the northern Sinai that left 305 worshipers murdered:
Horrible. Animals and savages to be sure. God grant peace and strength to those impacted by this, whose lives were lost, who remain behind and are left with the hurt and the pain. God also soften the hearts of those who embrace this senseless slaughter as a means of righteousness. Help the nations of the world find a way to eliminate this and no longer tolerate an apathy based on accepting this as some new normal.
Go here to comment. My fear is that our elites want us to accept this as the new normal. Tut tutting about it by all the usual suspects and then nothing effective is done. Repeat for the next one, ad infinitum. Neo pacifism is strong among elites, our Pope being a typical example. The murderers of ISIS give the lie to such pacifism. They will not stop until they are stopped permanently by superior fire power. The prophet Rudyard Kipling predicted this long ago:
- When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
- They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
- But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
- And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: “Stick to the Devil you know.”
Later in the same poem he details where the policies of the fools who currently lead the West are headed:
- As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
- There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
- That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
- And the burnt Fool’s bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;
- And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
- When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
- As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
- The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!