Well, here I stroll once again in where angels fear to tread and make my predictions for 2016:
- The GOP national ticket will consist of Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, but I am uncertain as to which of them will be the nominee for President.
- By the time of the conventions Donald Trump will be a spent force. He will run third party in the fall with a Democrat in the second slot. He will draw about seven percent of the vote, and his votes will come from both parties.
- Clinton will win the Democrat nomination, unless health problems force her to retire from the race. Bernie Sanders will bolt the convention and run third party, drawing about two percent of the vote.
- The Republicans will win the presidential race.
- The Republicans will retain control of both Houses of Congress.
6. The Vatican will be rocked by a series of “kiss and tell” books from disgruntled Vatican insiders
7. US ground forces will go into combat against ISIS.
8. There will be a naval clash between Japan and China.
9. Mark Shea will continue to win friends and influence people.
10. McClarey will be wrong in some of his predictions.