The New York Post has a story entitled “Did Obama Actually Follow in Lincoln’s Footsteps?” After I stopped choking with laughter, I decided to write a post about how Obama is just like the Great Emancipator:
1. They both resided in Illinois prior to election as president.
2. They both were attorneys.
3. They both served in the Illinois legislature.
4. They both left the Democrat party in shambles after their terms in office.
5. They both amassed more debt than any president prior to them.
6. They both had Veeps who acted drunk in public.
7. They both were homo sapiens.
8. They both were male.
9. They both had people laugh at what they said, albeit for different reasons.
10. Lincoln left the nation crying, and I suspect that Obama will do the same.