Moe Lane reminds us of the Bush years:
- Gas prices were low.
- So was unemployment.
- The labor participation rate was higher.
- Minority representation in the middle class was increasing.
- We had a manned space program.
- We had elections in Iraqi towns, instead of slave auctions.
- Our allies in Europe trusted us.
- Our rivals worldwide were wary of us.
- And our enemies did their absolute damnedest to hide from us. Well. The ones still breathing, at least.
There were problems during the Bush years of course, and the economic melt down of 2008 was a disaster. However, it is amazing what having a truly lousy successor can do for the reputation of a President.