Language advisory to the above video. Schadenfreude is a dish best sampled none too heartily in politics since the wheel always comes round the other way, but I can’t resist a few bites.
1. Sandra Fluke down in flames–Sandra Fluke, whose sole qualification for public office was being called a slut by Rush Limbaugh, has had a very long 15 minutes of fame, but they may be over. With 100 percent of the votes counted, she was decisively defeated by fellow Democrat Ben Allen, a veteran local school official, running for a seat left vacant by the retirement of incumbent State Senator Ted Lieu. Reportedly Ms. Fluke flushed a million bucks of her rich in-law’s money down the toilet on this losing effort.
2. Charlie Crist-A former Republican governor of Florida who abandoned all his prior political stances to run as a born again liberal Democrat, was beaten by Rick Scott, the rather unpopular Republican governor of the Sunshine State. The Richard Riches of this world do not always prosper. I give the majority of the Florida voters credit for having a sound sense of smell in regard to Crist, who gives slime a bad name.
3. Scott Walker-re-election:
For the denizens of the left wing of the Democrat Party, Scott Walker was enemy number one due to his having found a formula to break the power of the public employee unions, the mainstay of their party. Congrats to the usually hysterical Ed Schultz for giving a sober analysis for what his victory may mean.
4. Debbie Does Delusions-On the other hand another Schultz, Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, is so ordinarily delusional that she makes Nancy Pelosi look like the voice of sanity in comparison:
5. Shout Out-No Schadenfreude review of the 2014 elections would be possible without a shout out to the savior of the modern Republican Party: Barack Obama: