Democrat Party Chairman for Palm Beach Hates Christians.

YouTube Preview Image

Mark Alan Siegel, the Palm Beach County Party Chairman for the Democrat Party, forgets one of the fundamental rules of life:  If you are going to say something stupid and bigoted make sure you are not on video!

Here is his apology after he realized his words were going viral on the net:

“I apologize to all Democrats and Floridians for my ill chosen words last night.  After watching the interview I realize that what I said did not accurately make  the point I was trying to establish. More importantly I apologize to all  Christians, Jews and other people of faith for any embarrassment or anger my  remarks may have caused. Throughout my life I have practiced religious tolerance  among all people of faith. I am sincerely sorry for any remarks I made that may  have diminished that record. I alone am responsible for my remarks and I pray  that they are not taken as the position of the Palm Beach County Democratic  Party.”
Here is the statement of Yael Hershfield, interim director of the Jewish Anti-Defamation League in Florida:

“The Anti-Defamation League is glad to see that  Mr. Siegel has issued a  sincere apology for his offensive  comments about Christians, and that he  made it clear he was solely responsible for them.  Religious bigotry has no  place in politics and civil society.”
As the Democrat convention lurches from disaster to disaster, I am beginning to believe there is only one logical conclusion:  Karl Rove has learned how to exercise mind control over the powers that be at the Democrat convention.  Either that or an outbreak of  an epidemic of sheer blinding stupidity within the party of the jackass.

Update:  The dufus has resigned after initially spurning calls for his resignation on Thursday.  A pity really, as I think he was only giving voice to anti-Christian sentiments that, at the very least, a substantial minority of the delegates at the recently concluded Democrat convention would heartily have endorsed.  He deserves to remain a symbol of what the contemporary Democrat party has morphed into.

17 Responses to Democrat Party Chairman for Palm Beach Hates Christians.

• JDP says:

i’m not entirely sure but that this guy (who obviously believes what he said if you read it,) in tune with the “why are Jews liberals?” stuff i’ve read about, sort of typifies it: they think the GOP, being the designated White Anglo-Saxon Christian Male party demographically, has this covert anti-Semitism that’s just waiting to be unleashed. even their pro-Israeli stance is secretly anti-Semitic (really…does anyone think that Romney says the things he does about Israel cuz he wants to hasten the end times)

‘course i don’t wanna stereotype all Jews, but that seems to be part of it.

• T. Shaw says:

Imagine the hue and cry; the demands for high level resignations; the cries for the Presidential candidate to repudiate his positions; the pitchforks, tar and feathers . . . if a GOP volunteer handing out leaflets in a Boise parking lot had said such a thing about abortionsists.

• PM says:

He said they want ‘us’ to die and convert. Just drastic shock value to claw the listener’s heart. Can’t convert after death; as far as I understand it, one converts to live. And live on the base of Mosaic law to boot.

Some of these drastic statements (bigotry, extreme hate speech, and racism accusations) are from the school of “It takes one to know one.” These cause severe injury to souls as would a vulture’s beak or talon to prey. So irresponsible, cruel, and vicious. The reponse of the first lady to the religion off then on is an example. ‘Oh – it’s a non-issue.’ Almost a year after she was recorded at 9/11 10th memorial saying ‘all this for a damn flag’.

DNC speeches are no fun. We’re right (yay), they’re wrong (yay) every other sentence.
    Reality (huh?), buzzwords (forward). Was there anyone well-balanced? I have no appetite for popcorn. I need bandaids and an old movie.

• Scott W. says:

Wait. I thought fundamentalists supported Israel wholeheartedly because Our Lord will not return until the Temple is rebuilt. Oi vey I can’t keep up.

• David Elton says:

• Dale Price says:

It is–at best–a broadbrush, more like laying it on with a trowel.

Christian fundamentalism isn’t some undifferentiated Borg phenomenon, after all. John Hagee certainly doesn’t fit your stereotype.

Frankly, you really need to define your terms. I have heard the “fundamentalist!” scare term brandished against Catholics, after all.

• “This guy actually told the truth about Christian Fundamentalists and their relationship to Jews. Fundamentalists don’t like Jews. They like their own phony eschatologies.”

Let’s see. Christians who vigorously support the first Jewish state in 2000 years battling against those who wish to see every Jew in Israel dead or in exile. If this is called “not liking”, may we Catholics have such “not liking” in our hour of peril.

• Brennan says:

I think he said what he did because a number of fundamentalists and evangelicals believe that when the Jews are gathered from the nations to Israel they will in a sense be “ripe for the slaughter” and many will be slaughtered because of the Battle of Armageddon. So while a number of fundamentalists and evangelicals do support the state of Israel and the gathering in of Jews to Israel, their eschatology includes a mass slaughter of Jews at the battle of Armageddon.

• If he believes that Brennan than he is truly an idiot, but I suspect that fundamental misunderstanding of almost all Christian support for Israel is merely an excuse for him to spew fairly standard leftist hatred of Christians. I see that after initially resisting calls for his resignation as head of the Democrat Party in Palm Beach he has now resigned:

More’s the pity. I think he is a perfect symbol of what the modern Democrat party has become.

• T. Shaw says:

Brennan and Elton:

This man is like a number of liberals: “dotty totalitarians”, “anti-Christian” bigots. I have discussed their views with a number of liberals. A number of these progressive savants believe that the 65 million Chairman Mao murdered (in the “cultural revolution”) was “okay.” It was only a percent or two more than would have starved to death, anyhow. And, the two million Cambodians Pol Pot murdered: they were capitalist exploiters. And, . . .

That’s what they believe. You think you are right to damn a whole class of people: Christians. Seems you are consistent with most liberals.

• Bruce says:

[Speaking of "phony eschatologies," here's what I discovered on the net.]

Christians Don’t Want Jewish Death

Democrat leader Mark Siegel stated at the DNC that “fundamentalist Christians…want Jews to die and convert so they can bring on the second coming of their Lord.”
    It wasn’t Glenn Beck, John Hagee, Hal Lindsey or any other Christian who first talked about the predicted massive slaughter of Jews during what Christians call the “end times.”
    It was the ancient Hebrew prophet Zechariah who as long ago as 487 B.C. predicted that two-thirds of Jewry in the “last days” will be killed (Zech. 13:8).
    All true Christian leaders view this scripture with horror and sympathy and NOT with glee!
    Fundamentalist Christians are actually waiting for an “any-moment rapture” to Heaven (several years before the second coming) and do not believe that any event, including this final Jewish holocaust, has to happen before their escapist rapture happens.
    More shocks. Fundamentalists have recently been learning that their rapture belief was first taught in Britain in 1830 and that it wasn’t widely adopted by Americans until the early 1900s. The documentation on all this is in “The Rapture Plot” (carried by online bookstores) which also reveals for the first time that, amazingly enough, this British theory has an anti-Jewish foundation! (For more info Google “Pretrib Rapture Politics.”)
    Although no one is perfect, evangelical Christians (including fundamentalists) are still the best friends of Jewish persons and Israel.