It Worked?

YouTube Preview Image

Absolutely devastating.

10 Responses to It Worked?

• G-Veg says:

A variation on the “are you better off now than you were four years ago” is clever because “it is the economy, stupid” is the message that needs to be focussed on.

• Mary De Voe says:

Our tax money belongs to us. Obama took our tax money and gave it to his buddies. Now, that our economy is a disaster, Obama blames it on us. Who can argue with Obama’s modus operandi. Obama has perfected the swindle. So contempt, corruption and conceit will get us a new king, a new constitution and a new currency.

• elm says:

I dun know Mary. The look on his face after he read that line seems to say, “I don’t believe it either.” I think he had to bite his tongue to keep from laughing.

• Pinky says:

OK, that ad was pretty good. But there should be some kind of “we can do better” at the end. During booms, everyone forgets what recessions are like, and during downturns, everyone thinks that this is the new normal. Romney doesn’t need to give his policy prescriptions, yet, but he needs to be reminding people of their expectations of success. Otherwise it just seems like naysaying.

I swear, people would be surprised by the seasons if it weren’t for the calendar. What, summer again this year? How did that happen? Housing prices are always going to go up 10% every year, oh, wait, the stock market just crashed and now it’ll never go back over 10000 again, and now we just have to live with the fact that capitalism means high unemployment. The president gets away with blaming ATM’s for structural job losses, as if the first ATM was installed in September 2009. It just drives me crazy.

OK, that was a rant, but you know what I mean. People need to be reminded to be optimistic.

• Micha Elyi says:

What happened?

• Mary De Voe says:

“Establishment media sources tell us that polling reveals 54% of those who self-identify as Catholics voted for that candidate with the I-Covet-My-Neighbor’s-Goods agenda in 2008. And then there was his pro-abortion agenda.

What happened?”

They trusted Obama. They thought that Obama would be giving us HOPE, instead of taking our HOPE.

• Art Deco says:

What happened?

Three-quarters of that 54% do not go to Mass and north of 40% of the remainder have a curious set of priorities or are resistant to the notion that one idea is connected to another idea.

• c matt says:

Did you happen to see any humility, integrity or honesty on Obama’s face?

Have you ever seen any of those things on his face? To be fair, I don’t see them that much in Romney’s either. But even as “silver spoon” as Romney is, he does not seem to portray the utter arrogance that the “O” does. Cluelessness, yes on occasion, but not the sheer arrogance.