Top Ten Reasons Why Social Security is not a Ponzi Scheme:
1. Ponzi scheme participation is voluntary, unlike Social Security where participation is mandatory for most citizens.
2. Ponzi scheme participants usually receive brightly colored reports telling them how much illusory interest their investments are earning. Social Security participants make do with drab annual reports.
3. When a Ponzi scheme goes bust the perpetrators can be sued for damages. Good luck suing the Feds after Social Security goes belly up!
4. Participants in a Ponzi scheme do not lose their claim against the perpetrators upon death, unlike people who die prior to receiving a check from Social Security.
5. Ponzi schemes usually have few to no solid assets that can be seized by participants. Social Security has endless IOUs signed by Uncle Sam.
6. Ponzi schemes are devised by criminal con artists. Social Security was passed by Congress.
7. No one has ever gone to jail for not paying funds into a Ponzi scheme.
8. Ponzi schemes do not require contributions for the entire working life of the participants.
9. No Ponzi scheme on record has taken 661 billion out of the pockets of the American people, as social security did in 2010.
10. Ponzi schemes are illegal, while Social Security merely should be illegal.