It is On

The Reform of the Reform has begun. The purge of sacrilege, heresy, and perversion from the Church has begun.  What a glorious day!

YouTube Preview Image

17 Responses to It is On

• John Henry says:

Heh. I don’t know if it’s arrogant. But it is silly. “S.T.B.” is intended to suggest the speaker has some authority, but an S.T.B. is the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in theology. I certainly wouldn’t list B.S. or B.A. after my name on anything if I was trying to sound like an authority.

• Marc says:

But it may be that Mr Voris’s STB is from a pontifical faculty where actually Catholic theology is taught and studied, in which case it might be the equivalent of an doctorate from….

• Tito Edwards says:

Michael,

You’re being disingenuous.

His commentary speaks for the majority of disaffected Catholics that have suffered under the horrible interpretations and inventions that liberals have caused.

[This comment edited for content]

Catholicism badly needs testosteroned charged commentary and leadership.

Not latte-sipping, elbow-padded, pencil-necked law professors.

Michael,

You know I respect you. And so with due respect, I think you’re the one being silly here.

You’re going to ignore this man because of the letters after his name? This is what’s wrong with society. I don’t care if he looks like Quasimodo. If he’s saying things we need to hear, then we need to listen.

I know you’re above this pettiness. Just watch the clip.

• Joe:

I was actually making a joke, though I know that wasn’t clear. I won’t watch the clip for the main reason that I have a final on Civil Procedure and and stb degree won’t help me figure out joining parties on a crossclaim, not b/c of the letters.

I have watched some of his previous videos, including the ones on the collection (I don’t remember what its name-it’s the controversial one-Campaign for human development or something like that? My brain has no room for non-legal stuff at the moment). I wasn’t impressed. I was put off by the use of his letters but in general I didn’t find him to be particularly trustworthy or credible. I think part of that is not that he only has an STB but that the way he’s putting it out there as if it’s a source of some authority-which on most of the topics he discusses, it’s not.

Part of that is probably just my own taste.

Tito:

Not latte-sipping, elbow-padded, pencil-necked law professors.

How dare you call me a law professor! ;)

I don’t like lattes, though I confess that I do drink mochas but I have an excuse-I met my wife while she was working as a barista in a coffee shop. If I got the fancy coffee, I got to spend time w/ my crush-then girlfriend-then fiance.

And I will defend elbow-pads on suit jackets. I only have one, but Tolkien wore them and Tolkien is THE MAN. And if you say bad things about Tolkien…well, let’s just say I’ll put you to good use cleaning up Louisiana’s oil spill. ;)

• Michael says:

Interesting video. Apropos of nothing, I’ve always disliked chant. But I’d like to like it. I feel as if I’m somehow less of a Catholic for not liking it. So I’m wondering if anyone has any recordings to recommend. I understand there’s also more than just Gregorian chant, and I’ve listened to some Ambrosian chant on youtube, and actually kind of liked it. Unfortunately, there’s no information on recordings with the videos.

Anyway, that’s all. Good luck dabate withe Auschwitz Debate Club. You’re better men than Gunga Din(s).

• Tito Edwards says:

Tolkein also spoke out and disagreed how Vatican II was implemented.

Does that fact make you squirm as well?

Tolkein would still follow the rubrics of the extraordinary form by kneeling, sitting, and standing during the ordinary form Mass to protest (in his own way) the irreverence of how the Mass was celebrated.

Tito Edwards, M.D.I.I.*
    ;)

* Michael Denton’s Intellectual Inferior.

• Does that fact make you squirm as well?

No…I prefer the Latin Mass and agree with much of what Tolkien thought. In fact, Tolkien continued to respond in Latin, which I love.

I’m very much in favor of the changes and the overall direction the Church is taking to restore the dignity of the Mass.