Civilization V Coming Fall 2010
Sid Meier’s Civilization V is finally going to be released this Fall of 2010. This famous turn-based conquer the world strategy PC game has gotten me hooked ever since I first encountered it in college. In fact, it is the only game I play.
Civilization V is the sequel to Civilization IV, but like its predecessors, it will probably stand alone on its own.
What’s new in this edition?
Five things that I can share with you are:
1. The traditional square tiles have been replaced by hexagonal tiles.
2. Diplomacy in the game has been ramped up to the point where peace is actually a viable option.
3. “Stacks of doom” are a thing of the past with the new rule of only allowing one unit per hexagon.
4. Cities have gained significantly in terms of defense. Now the total ‘hit points’ of a city is determined by the city’s population, hence moving combat away from cities and into adjoining hexagons for better defenses.
5. Oh, and the ‘advisers’ return in this installment of Civilization.
For the GameSpy preview by Anthony Gallegos click here.
For the Civilization5 website click here.