Salvete AC readers!
Buckle Up! Because here are today’s Top Picks in Catholicism:
Written in Hebrew script, the pure silver amulets were discovered in the ancient tomb complex of Jerusalem’s Ketef Hinnom. Archaeologist Gabriel Barkay wrote the discovery in the Biblical Archeology Review.
2. Archbishop Charles Chaput stated in unequivocal terms that “[h]ealth care reform that funds abortion is not common ground“.
Guess that undermines the argument of dissident Catholics and the parallel magisterium that is the U.S.C.C.B. that we need health care reform at all costs.
3. Steve Skojec over at InsideCatholic.com wrote a fine article concerning the imminent death of the “Me-church”.
“…I noticed the arrival of two women in their sixties who clearly looked like they did not belong. Processing up the aisle in search of a seat, they were dressed very casually, with the short-cropped, boyish, almost intentionally unattractive hairstyles that seem to be de rigeur for the aging members of America’s post-feminism movement. They stood out in a sea of suits, ties, dresses, and chapel veils.”
The beginning of he end of the silly season is upon us. Let us continue in our prayers that these prodigal children be received and the Reform of the Reform continues in implementing the correct interpretations of the Second Vatican Council.
4. America is now a majority Pro-life nation, so says the latest Gallup Poll from the liberal Washington Post.
A Gallup poll found for the first time that a majority of Americans identify themselves as pro-life.
In 1995, 33 percent of respondents identified themselves as pro-life and 56 percent as pro-choice. But in May, 51 percent said they were pro-life and 42 percent said pro-choice.
5. For the last Res et Explicatio click here.
6. For more news and commentary click here.