Res et Explicatio for AD 8-24-2009
Salvete AC readers!
Buckle Up! Because here are today’s Top Picks in Catholicism:
1. The Reform of the Reform project continues as the Congregation for Divine Worship recommended the following:
- Voted almost unanimously in favor of a greater sacrality of the [Latin] rite.
- The recovery of the sense of Eucharistic worship.
- The recovery of the Latin language in the celebration.
- The remaking of the introductory parts of the Missal in order to put a stop to abuses, wild experimentation’s, and inappropriate creativity.
In addition they declared the reaffirmation of receiving Holy Communion on the tongue.
Pope Benedict XVI continues in correcting the abuses and misinterpretations of Vatican II with these rectifications and tweaks.
2. As part of the Reform of the Reform, here is a glimpse of what the liturgical changes that are occurring to the Mass in the U.S. after decades of gross abuse by dissident Catholics.
Thomas Aquinas College is once again ranked in the top tier among the nation’s liberal arts colleges in the 26th edition of U.S. News & World Report’s annual college guide, “America’s Best Colleges 2010,” which was released on August 20, 2009. The Catholic college, founded in 1971, is ranked #68 out of 112 schools in Tier 1.
Catholics can compete and challenge the culture around it and eventually transform it. We all can do our part in living our lives to the fullest as Catholics. We can and will change the culture, not let the secular culture change us!
4. Scared of homeschooling? Me too! Here is some advice.
For those wanting to defend homeschooling from being banned here in America read this timely post by Thomas Peters, the American Papist, on Sweden banning homeschooling here.
5. Pope John Paul II was hesitant to rule on Medjugorje’s validity, but Pope Benedict XVI isn’t.
According to an interview featuring E. Michael Jones, who knew several prelates close to Medjugorje explained the contrasts on how both popes approached the issue.
It seems that JP2 wanted to believe in the Marian apparitions but was hesitant due to the evidence to the contrary while Papa Bene isn’t hesitating to begin to make a ruling against the validity of these questionable apparitions.
6. For the last Res et Explicatio click here.
7. For more news and commentary click here.