[Updates at the bottom of this story]
While the Democrats continue to dig holes big enough for their smarter-than-thou heads to plant in and ignore the rising public outrage of government intrusion, regular Americans continue to raise their voices of displeasure to President Obama’s health care “reform”.
On August 4, 2009, an A.A.R.P. Town Hall meeting was being conducted for members when a group of well-dressed Nazi’s carrying swastika banners sabotaged the meeting.
That’s the Nancy Pelosi/CNN version of events, here is what actually happened:
Here are some highlights from the above video:
1. Spokesperson: “I think we can agree that health care is in need of reform…“.
AARP Attendee’s: “No, we don’t agree!”
2. After spokesperson condescendingly tells members listen and be quiet…
AARP Attendee: “Do you work for us or do we work for you?”
3. Spokesperson says he doesn’t have any political inclinations and then slams capitalism and profit making. Then says AARP doesn’t endorse any member of congress.
AARP Attendee: “Danny Glover is an AARP spokesperson and he is shaking hands with Hugo Chavez.”
4. AARP Spokespeople got fed up with AARP members exercising their constitutional rights and left the meeting.
5. Let’s cancel our AARP memberships!
6. AARP Attendee: Get the heck out of our lives!
Update I: White House Deputy Chief of Staff Jim Messina told constituents that “If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard”. I understand this is just rhetorical, but it could easily be misconstrued for the advocacy of violence. Boy, are the Health Care proponents coming unhinged or what?
Update II: Returning U.S. soldier demands apology from Senator Claire McCaskill during a Town Hall meeting.