Thursday, March 26, AD 2009
Archbishop Demetrios, head of the Greek Orthodox Church in the US, fatuously compared President Obama to Alexander the Great on Wednesday. Hattip to Politico. Actually, I think he might be on to something:
1. Like Alexander, I think during Obama’s administration he will fight a war against Persia (Iran), and, as was the case with Alexander, I hope he wins.
2. Like Alexander, Oliver Stone will make a terrible movie about Obama.
3. Like Alexander, Obama is fighting a war in Afghanistan, and, unlike the son of Philip, I hope he wins.
4. Like Alexander, Obama has certainly developed a cult following.
5. Like Alexander who he has criticized, my favorite historian, Victor Davis Hanson, doesn’t think much of Obama either.
6. Like Alexander, I suspect Obama will leave chaos to follow in his wake.
7. Like Alexander, Obama has a fondness for Greek temples.
8. Like Alexander, Obama had a love-hate relationship with a distant father.
9. Like Alexander, Obama has been acclaimed a deity in his lifetime.
10. Like Alexander, Obama really isn’t God.