Salvete AC readers!
Here are today’s Top Picks in the Catholic world:
1. Unlike many bishops in America, Coadjutor Archbishop Dennis Schnurr of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati prayed the Rosary with other protesters outside an abortion mill on Wednesday, March 4. Archbishop Schnurr will replace Archbishop Daniel Pilarczyk upon his retirement. Among the protesters came this comment referring to Archbishop Schnurr’s presence:
“It’s tremendous,” Ferraro said of Schnurr’s presence. “He’s the head of the flock. It certainly affirms (the church leadership’s) commitment.”
For the link click on Archbishop Schnurr’s name above or here.
Updated: Archbishop Pilarczk actively leads Rosary prayer vigils in front of abortion mills as well!
2. Doctors who performed and directly assisted in the abortion of twins to a nine year old rape/incest victim have been declared excommunicated by Archbishop Jose Sobrinho of the Archdiocese of Olinda e Recife in Brazil. The nine year old girl was not excommunicated for many reasons, most likely due to her age. Where are these bishops in America? Probably hiding behind the USCCB Faithful Citizenship document thus failing to lead their flocks.
Dr. Ed Peters volunteered his sentiments on this case, “as for the perpetrator of the rape, there isn’t a mine shaft deep enough on this earth for him.”
For the link click on excommunicated above or here.
3. The fallout following Senator Sam Brownback’s endorsement of Pro-Abortion Catholic Governor Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas to Secretary of Health and Human Services continues. Deal Hudson chides Fr. Thomas Euteneuer for calling Senator Brownback a “Turncoat”. Deal and Fr. Euteneuer are friends and agree on almost everything, but he doesn’t appreciate the negative comment(s) towards Senator Brownback.
I agree that we need pro-life warriors such as Senator Brownback, but we should also remind them whose side they are on. Granted maybe, just maybe, Fr. Euteneuer’s comments were a bit extreme, but we shouldnt’ be having this ‘civil war’ amongst ourselves as the Pro-Abortion President Obama continues on his path of this genocide of innocent children. I believe Senator Brownback understands what he did, let’s hope that he learns from this and not repeat this mistake in the future.
For the link click here.
4. The Cardinal Newman Society has been doing some very fine work in keeping our Catholic Universities and Colleges in line with the teachings of Jesus Christ deposited within the Catholic Church. The latest victory for the future of this great nation occurred yesterday when Fr. Michael Engh, SJ, president of the Jesuit college Santa Clara University, canceled a production of the V-Monologues. Thus far there are 15 Catholic Universities and Colleges that are hosting this production in 2009, down from 32 in 2008, a nice improvement though we want that down to zero.
Schools still hosting V-Monologues performances include Boston College, DePaul University, Fordham University, Georgetown University, Loyola University Chicago, Seattle University and the University of San Francisco. The University of Notre Dame still hosts the V-Monologues, but have ‘deftly’ moved the production off-campus, nice try Fighting Irish, it needs to be dropped all-together!
For the link click here.
5. Just figured out why my Kaspersky Internet Security program was forbidding me from surfing both the National Catholic Register and RealClearReligion. Apparently my ‘parental control’ was set to ‘child’. Switching that option off allows me to surf those two websites now. But what concerns me is what was it on those two Catholic websites that Kaspersky thought was dangerous for a child to view?