Salvete AC readers!
OK, I junked the whole Latin title since I figured it wasn’t coming across that well as to what I wanted to do with this bit. So now I’m calling this particular column ‘News & Notes’ (for now). Here is today’s Top Seven picks in the Catholic world:
1. A great new blog by Pat McNamara about Catholic history titled appropriately enough, McNamara’s Blog. I’ve been thinking of starting something like this for the past three years, but never got around to it. I’m happy to say that McNamara’s Blog has great short stories on famous and little known figures in Catholicism as well as stories on non-Catholics and how they interacted and viewed our beautiful Catholic faith. Here is the link to McNamara’s Blog: http://irishcatholichumanist.blogspot.com/
2. Yesterday I touched on Ave Maria Singles for those pursuing the marriage vocation. Today I’ll plug Anthony Buono’s blog, 6 Stone Jars. As he states it, guidance on Catholic dating, courtship, relationships and marriage in the name of fostering successful marriages that are permanent, faithful and fruitful. Here is the link: http://www.6stonejars.com/
3. For those of you that are looking for diocesan, parish, or other Church related work here in the United States, here is a nifty job banks or job search website specifically for this called CatholicJobs.com. As their website states they feature free job listings for Catholic organizations, as well as free job searches and career tools for anyone seeking employment. Here is the link: http://www.catholicjobs.com/
4. Cardinal Mahony pretty much put his foot in his mouth in an online forum chat by basically insulting the intelligence of those that attend the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite Mass, ie, Tridentine Mass. Just when we thought he had a quiet conversion towards orthodox Catholic teaching his emminence displays his disdain for tradition.
5. An interesting article by Sister Grace Candiru at the National Catholic Register explaining how in some cases the promotion of condomn use in Africa has facilitated the spread of AIDs.
6. Steve Jalsevac of LifeSiteNews.com has a very exclusive interview with Archbishop Charles Chaput of Denver concerning “Very Bad Period of Catechesis” in Church “Bearing Bad Fruit in Our Time”. Archbishop Chaput validates my previous assertion that a poor catechesis may lead to dissension from Catholic teaching.
7. And if you haven’t had your fill of news here, then visit my personal blog where I list the days top stories.
Lastly, would you all prefer the title to this column in English or in Latin?