Team Sarah

teamsarah

An important component of a political comeback for conservatives will be grass roots organizations.  During the campaign Team Sarah sprang up to support Governor Palin.  The campaign is over but Team Sarah is still going strong.  It is a predominantly female group, my wife and daughter belong, but men are welcome too.  Here is their website if you would care to take a look.

32 Responses to Team Sarah

• Gerard E. says:

Sign me up, Don Mac. Just reminded in a cartoon posted on the esteemable lucianne.com. Panel one- page one shows BUSH WINS 51% DIVIDES COUNTRY. Panel two- another page one, showing OBAMA WINS 52% UNITES COUNTRY. Sorry libs- the ball is still in play. Sarah is The Player on the GOP team. Time to build a winning franchise around the star. I likes me some Bobby Jindal as second banana but could be persuaded by others. In any event onward and upward. You betcha.

• Dale Price says:

Because serious, critical thinkers take all the off-the-record rumors bubbling up from a defeated campaign apparatus at face value.

• Foxfier says:

Mark D-
    you mean the outfits the campaign bought, so she would look professional, which are to be raffled off at the end?

Seeing as she’s the only one at the end who WASN’T hugely personally wealthy….

This kind of BS is why I’m going to support Team Sarah, and I’m betting my husband and most of my family will as well.

• jeff says:

“Where can I send my money to help her reimburse that private donor for all of her excessive Neiman Marcus purchases?”

The web-site for donations is wasillahillbillies.net, I believe ;-)

Look, it is disloyal, unprofessional, self-serving etc. for these staffers to engage in this type of behavior. It is also odd that they think it makes them look better to trash the VP candidate they selected, but there is no point in treating it as if it is the end of the world. McCain did not lose because of Palin. Palin also did not help the ticket as much as they hoped she would. She may have a national future, she may not; we’ll have to see. But it’s ok to make jokes about it at this point; the election is over and we can relax a bit.

The Obamabots are not only humorless they are bad winners. How surprising.

As for the clothes purchased by the campaign, they have been donated to charity as was always the plan.

Enjoy your day in the sun Catholic Anarchist and Mr. DeFrancisis, it won’t last long.

• Mark DeFrancisis says:

It seeems uas the the GOP, not Obamabots are throwing poor Srah under the bus.

Eitther way, I wonder how much the clothing value has decreased after their wear?

I know GoodWill really recuperates costs well.

And I am sure that every down and out female needs a 4 figure suit for here job interview.

O.K. They will auction it off to all of the conservative populists how LOVE Sarah. But I am surprised that Macy’s is not the upper limit with these folks.

• blackadderiv says:

A propos of nothing, I noticed that the jacket Palin was wearing when she voted on Tuesday was the one I used to own (got it at Wal-Mart, naturally). Last time something like that happened to me was when it turned out I owned the exact style of sneakers that all of the Heaven’s Gate folks wore. Now that was an awkward week.

• It is a bit odd for Mark and Michael, supposedly advocates for the poor, to make a big deal of mocking their opponents for allegedly having a lower/working class aura.

On the contrary, it seems quite obvious to me that Sarah Palin does NOT have a “lower/working class aura.”

• Mark DeFrancisis says:

So what?

Obama does not package himself as a small town loving/American East and broader world hating shopper at thrift stores, who saves his clothing money, in order to pay for the supposedly more imporatant things to himself–such as recreational moose hunting and luxury suntan booth bathing….

• Foxfier says:

Mr. DeFrancisis-
    that she DOES shop at thrift stores is why the campaign had to dress her up– it may have escaped you, but NONE of the folks on the stump are dressed cheap.

And if you think that getting enough UV light during Alaska’s dark season is “luxury” then you’re flat ignorant– even the US Navy recognizes that light therapy is needed to keep people, especially women, from getting depressed in dark seasons.

Oh, wait, you’re not looking for actual facts or reason– you’re just trying to attack someone you don’t like. My bad. I’ll stop trying to apply logic.

• Mark DeFrancisis says:

There is a big gap between thrift stores and Neimun Marcus, don’t ya think?

And they told her to buy three suits and get a stylist. In response, she spent $20000 on her family, $40000 in luxury stuff for Todd and about $150000 on herself.

It seems as though you have the problem in squaring your view of Sarah with the facts.

• Mark DeFrancisis says:

Bret,

These facts have been widely reported by many, many reputable U.S. national news outlets.

……..

Additionally, The Daily Telegraph in London reports this about your Lady Madonna:

“Sarah Palin’s attacks on Barack Obama’s patriotism provoked a spike in death threats against the future president, Secret Service agents revealed during the final weeks of the campaign.

The Republican vice presidential candidate attracted criticism for accusing Mr Obama of “palling around with terrorists”, citing his association with the sixties radical William Ayers.

The attacks provoked a near lynch mob atmosphere at her rallies, with supporters yelling “terrorist” and “kill him” until the McCain campaign ordered her to tone down the rhetoric.

But it has now emerged that her demagogic tone may have unintentionally encouraged white supremacists to go even further.

The Secret Service warned the Obama family in mid October that they had seen a dramatic increase in the number of threats against the Democratic candidate, coinciding with Mrs Palin’s attacks.

Michelle Obama, the future First Lady, was so upset that she turned to her friend and campaign adviser Valerie Jarrett and said: “Why would they try to make people hate us?”

• cminor says:

Now that you mention it, Foxfier, German health insurance covers spa visits–it wouldn’t surprise me at all if solarium visits fell under that as well.
    Evidently they don’t consider these “luxury” items.

I wonder if we’ll all get free mineral baths and solar therapy under the Obama heath plan?

• Mark DeFrancisis says:

Hello…Bret…there is a world out there, beyond the garble from Michelle Malkin and your select Fox News Commentators.

Try Fox’s Carl Cameron, who broke much of the Sarah stuff….

Actually, believe that Sarah is THE future of the GOP. and has done no wrong .In fact, have her run with Joe the Plumber in 2012.

Your party will veer into the oblivion…And pro life it is not, BTW.

“Try Fox’s Carl Cameron, who broke much of the Sarah stuff….”

Actually Mr. DeFrancisis I heard Carl Cameron being interviewed on Friday. He said that he reported the smears but he knew that the attacks on Palin were rubbish based on his personal observations of her during the campaign.

As to the Republican party going into oblivion, that is as laughable as your contention that the party isn’t pro-life. Compare and contrast the party planks on abortion, or this gem from the candidate you voted for:

“Barack Obama understands that abortion is a divisive issue, and respects those who disagree with him. HOWEVER, he has been a consistent champion of reproductive choice and will make preserving women’s rights under Roe v. Wade a priority as President.” That is from his bizarre Hope and Change.gov.

After years of “Messiah” government I think the Republican party will be in fine shape in 2010 and 2012. Enjoy yourself, it won’t last long.

• Bret Ramsey says:

John Pedesta was just on Fox News… He just said that one of the first things that “The One” is going to do is sign an executive order on stem cell research.

Yeah, some pro-life guy the O man is.

• Foxfier says:

On the supposed “kill him” yelled for BO at a rally:

A reason for the spike in “death threats” to Obama:
    They also informed me that it would be easier if the next time a supporter calls me I just say “Yeah sure count me in, or just hang up” apparently so she won’t get her undies in a bundle and give them more useless trips. Yeah right. I said “Look, someone calls me unsolicited on my cell phone to ask me to support their candidate and I can’t tell them why I don’t?” I said I was sorry they made a wasted trip but if they had a problem with some made up lie they needed to go talk to her about it because it wasn’t my fault they had to drive from Houston for nothing

DeFrancisis -
    If you don’t believe Fox, then attack their information; acting as if they’re automatically wrong because they’re Fox is…well, foolish.

• cminor says:

Hey, Foxfier,
    I followed up on the story “Secret Service Intimidates Private Citizen For Obama.” I’m not certain those were real Secret Service Agents. Their behavior was unprofessional and they refused to show their badges. Secret Service types are normally real sticklers for protocol and are required to show their badges on request.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if those “agents” were the same goons from the Obama office. In which case they were in violation of various laws, impersonating a Federal agent primary among them. That lady ought to file a police report pronto and get to the bottom of the matter.

Troll, you do have to keep up with the news better:

“Palin and Africa, Etc. [Rich Lowry]

I talked to Steve Biegun, the former Bush NSC aid who briefed Sarah Palin on foreign policy, and he considers the leaks against her on the international stuff “absurd.”

He says there’s no way she didn’t know Africa was a continent, and whoever is saying she didn’t must be distorting “a fumble of words.” He talked to her about all manner of issues relating to Africa, from failed states to the Sudan. She was aware from the beginning of the conflict in Darfur, which is followed closely in evangelical churches, and was aware of Clinton’s AIDS initiative. That basically makes it impossible that she thought all of Africa was a country.”